Monday, May 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Pie

I watched my sister-in-law make this pie back in the days before I really started cooking. It looked so easy, I knew I could make it. It was rich and delicious. For me, it became a standard to make for company.

When my daughter was in high school, she would raise money for church camps by participating in bake sales. She always made one of these pies and it was usually the first of her items to go.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.


Peanut Butter Pie


8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 oz cool whip, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
oreo cookie pie crust (premade)
Extra cool whip for garnish if desired


Mix cream cheese until smooth. Add next three ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into the crust. Chill several hours before serving.


Recipe by Sonya Whitfield Young


Notes: The original recipe calls for 9 oz cool whip because that's the size Cool Whip used to be. I usually just use the 8 oz tub they make now. Make sure your cream cheese (I usually use name brand and the 1/3 less fat for this pie) is softened or you will have those unsightly white blobs in your pie. Sometimes, I will go ahead and put a layer of cool whip on top of the pie. You can add chocolate sprinkles just before serving. The sprinkles tend to melt after being in the refrigerator overnight. Not too pretty. Other than that, the pie tends to keep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment