Friday, March 18, 2011

Moist Garlic Chicken

I've had this recipe for quite awhile thinking I would make it "someday". I finally made it last year or the year before. The chicken is so moist and tender, you can cut it with a fork. A girl mentioned how moist it was last night, and I told her it must be the coating of butter surrounding it. I used so much butter in my "Idol" meal last night and I thought, "Everything's better with butter!".


Moist Garlic Chicken


1 stick butter or margarine, melted

2 garlic cloves, minced (or equivalent of fresh minced garlic in the jar)

1 tsp. garlic powder

1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt, optional

1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs

1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese

2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese

Dash pepper

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)


In a shallow bowl, combine butter, minced garlic, garlic powder, and salt if desired. In another bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheeses and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a 9x13 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 50 min to 1 hour or until chicken juices run clear.



Recipe from: an old magazine



Notes: I usually cut my chicken breasts in half when I bake this. It just seems to help get the chicken cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment