Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Grandma's Coffee Cake

Wouldn't you know that having two girls, they have different tastes. One likes pickles, one doesn't. One likes barbeque sauce, one doesn't. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. My sister and I were picky eaters growing up and my parents didn't make us eat what we didn't like. Therefore, when I had kids, whatever we had for lunch or dinner was made the way both girls would like it. All this to say that I also make two different coffee cakes. One likes this one better, the other one likes the other better. This one is sweeter. I'll post the other at a later time.


Grandma's Coffee Cake

1 Jiffy yellow cake mix
1 large pkg French Vanilla instant pudding
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup water
2 eggs

Beat 5 minutes and pour into greased and floured (or Baker's Joy) 8x8 pan.

Mix together:
1/2 tsp cocoa
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup nuts

Sprinkle over batter and marblize with a spatula or knife. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until done.

Double recipe for a 9x13 pan. May have to adjust cooking time.

Recipe from: Faye Whitfield (Grandma)

Notes: You can mix the dry ingredients together the night before to save time in the morning.

1 comment: