Monday, May 21, 2012

Southwest Chicken Wraps

Nothing much to say about these, but they're really good.  A girl I worked with for a little bit shared this recipe with me.  Apparently, the recipe came from the back of a box of Near East Rice Pilaf.

2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 package Near East Rice Pilaf
1 tsp cumin along with packet seasoning from rice
1/2 cup black beans, drained
1/2 cup corn, drained
1 can Rotel tomatoes with juice
1 package tortilla shells
sharp cheddar cheese

Cook rice pilaf as directed, but substitute chicken broth for water.  Add rest of ingredients and heat until warm.  Serve on tortilla shell and sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese before wrapping.

Recipe from:  Melanie Toler

Serves around 6.

Notes:  I usually boil 2 chicken breasts and use the broth from that to cook in the rice.  I put the remaining beans and corn in a ziplock bag and freeze to use the next time I make these.  We also usually use wheat or multigrain soft taco sized tortilla shells. 

Lately, I have had trouble finding the Near East brand of rice pilaf, so I used Zataran's brand last time.  Couldn't tell much of a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment